With DC’s animated division releasing Green Lantern: First Flight later this year, the marketing for the next direct-to-DVD film is already starting up. This time, the focus will shift on the world’s finest, as Superman and Batman take on Lex Luthor in an adaptation of Jeph Loeb’s Public Enemies story arc. From a Warner Home Video Press Release:
The movie reunites the lead voices of Superman, Batman and Lex Luthor from the landmark “Superman: The Animated Series” and “Batman: The Animated Series”. Tim Daly (Private Practice), Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Justice League) and Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption) reprise their roles as Superman, Batman and Lex Luthor, respectively.
“Superman/Batman: Public Enemies” – 2 Disc Special Edition version will have more than three hours of incredible bonus features, including:
- The Blackest Night: Inside the DC Comics Event: Behind-the-scenes of BLACKEST NIGHT, the epic DC Super Hero event in which the dead shall rise.
- A Test of Minds: Superman and Batman featurette with Jeph Loeb, giving viewers a fresh and revitalized look at the team-up of Superman and Batman working together despite their often competitive and challenging relationship.
- “Dinner with DC: With Special Guest Kevin Conroy”: Reprising his role from Batman: The Animated Series, Kevin Conroy joins the crew for dinner to discuss their creative approach and what the Superman/Batman team-up means. The evening will be hosted by Voice Director Andrea Romano, Producer Bruce Timm and DC’s Gregory Noveck
- Extended Sneak Peak at Next DCU Film
- Digital Copy Download
- Widescreen (1.78:1)
- Two Episodes of Justice League Unlimited hand-picked by animation legend Bruce Timm
The release will have Blu-Ray versions as well, which will include more than three-and-a-half hours of bonus materials, including all the great extras from the 2-disc Special Edition, as well as two additional episodes of Justice League Unlimited and two episodes from Justice League, both personally selected by producer and DCU-animation god, Bruce Timm.
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies will be released by Warner Home Video September 29th for $19.98 (Blu-Ray for $29.99) and be sure to pre-order your copies from Amazon today.