With all the hype surrounding the iPhone 4 and the much less amount of hype about the new Mac Mini, Apple has also released an update to its computer operating system, aka OSX 10.6. The update, which will bring your Mac’s OS to version 10.6.4, includes a host of features, enhancements and improvements.
Some of the things improved and/or addressed in this update are, according to Apple, the following:
The 10.6.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It includes Safari 5 and general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
• resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
• resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
• address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
• improve reliability of VPN connections
• resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
• resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
• improve compatibility with some braille displays
The update is available via software update or, as we recommend, go download the combo update and us it instead.