Hard to believe it’s already that time but the countdown has begun for the release on DVD and Blu-ray of this summer’s biggest hit Iron Man 2. The film may have gotten 90% of the geeks across the globe excited in theaters, but the special features on the Blu-ray are sure to get that last 10%.
The big combo pack will be the Blu-ray edition, of course, and should be chock-full of features and extras to keep you entertained. Check out a complete list of the features below, and be sure to grab Iron Man 2 on Blu-ray and DVD September 28th.
Disc 1 (Blu-ray):
• Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
• S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)— Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.’s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
• Previsualization and Animatics (HD)
Disc 2 (Blu-ray):
• Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of Iron Man 2 (HD)
• Rebuilding the Suit—An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
• A Return to Action—From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man’s story.
• Expanding the Universe—From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark’s home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
• Building a Legacy—From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.
* Featurettes (HD)
• Creating Stark Expo—A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.
• Practical Meets Digital—How the “practical” props inform the “digital” work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
• Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury—A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
• Illustrated Origin: Black Widow—An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in Iron Man 2.
• Illustrated Origin: War Machine—A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
• Working with DJ AM—Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.
* Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
• Alternate Opening
• Coulson at the Senate
• The Sub-Orbital Jet
• Tony’s Workshop (extended)
• Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
• Flying Party Girl
• Mark II Security
• Element Rediscovered (extended)
• Concept Art Gallery
• Theatrical Trailers (HD)
• Music Video: AC/DC “Shoot To Thrill”