As of late last night (Mine came in around 11PM) Verizon Wireless began rolling out a new minor software update for the HTC Incredible. This update is more of a minor update that includes bug fixes and a few new features.
Chief among these new features is Verizon’s V CAST Apps store. The new store will allow HTC Incredible users to download and install applications to their devices. This new service works similarly to the current Android Market but also allows users to pay for new apps via their monthly Verizon cell phone bill instead of using a credit card.
The update, which is delivered over the air, is an 18 MB file and brings the software to Android Version 2.2 (3.26.605.1/Baseband Version: 2.15.00.07.28). It should be pushed out to all users over the next few days.
For the complete list of big fixes and improvements, click through.
• Updated Flash® player includes security enhancements.
• Visual Voice Mail Wi-Fi improvements include removal of incorrect service messages and post-call notifications.
• Enhanced support for Yahoo! IMAP email.
• Updated Slacker application.
• Attach files larger than 5 MB.
• Updated COX POP3 email settings.
• Play YouTube videos in YouTube application.
• Seamlessly switch between portrait and landscape views in Google Maps.
• Updated Comcast POP3 email settings.
• Search key and other buttons displayed in correct order.
• Preinstalled V CAST Apps lets users purchase applications directly from their devices and bill them to a Verizon Wireless account.
Also, and this is by no means scientific, it seems battery life has been slightly improved as well as the battery indicator seems to be more accurate. How about you, anything to report after doing the update?