Welcome to another edition of On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage during the week. Let is know if we missed something interesting.
Let’s get started!
• Fans of the BBC series (not the ABC remake) Life On Mars will appreciate this fan film about a car wreck in a time warp.
• As if you didn’t need more excused to pick up DC Universe Online next month, how about a new special mission on Gorilla Island?
• Folks in Japan can be pretty crazy, but these new modded mini and regular vans are pretty mind blowing, including a Bat Van!
• Who doesn’t love a good holiday movie mash-up? Here‘s one with Home Alone and I Am Legend. Sadly, no footage was to be found of Will Smith putting on aftershave for the first time.
• If you thought Gary Busey was crazy before, here’s proof in the form of a filmmaker recreating a run in with the madman at an autograph signing.
• Dinosaurs meet superheroes in this artist’s newest project where he De-evolves some favorite Marvel characters.
• Those crazy cats at FilmDrunk have managed to recreate almost the entire script for Little Fockers through various reviews tearing the film apart. Needless to say, it was pretty easy to find critiques.
• Love the iPhone? Here’s what Steve Jobs had to say about it and the death of PDA’s way back in 2002.
• Think your kid is smart? Meet this 9 year old US national chess master.
• Because it’s the season for caring, here’s a list of the 50 Most WTF Christmas traditions from across the globe.