Welcome to another edition of On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage during the week. Let is know if we missed something interesting.
• It looks like Bryan Singer’s upcoming Battlestar Galactica movie is becoming more of a reality as Universal is seconds away from inking a deal with a writer.
• In more “things that need to be made” news, Sony has green lit an Assassin’s Creed film. Let’s hope 90% of it is just building-jumping
• Speaking of games-soon-to-be-movies, here is 6 minutes of Harrison Ford playing Uncharted 3. Why? Because why not.
• For a simple $50, you too can own an exclusive Chewbacca statue made purely of chewing tobacco (Chewbacco?). The only question left is: why would you?
• What happens when the Sin City trailer is set to a cast of characters from the Disney universe? Pure amazement.
• Love The Walking Dead? Then you’ll love The Walken Dead about a billion times more. Trust us.
• Speaking of things we love, what would happen if Joss Whedon’s The Avengers trailer only had a budget of $16? This is the product of that question.
• Nerdy, cuddly things are kind of the best. At least, that’s how we’re able to justify a plush version of Portal’s turret gun.