That’s right, it’s time for a brand new episode of The Flickcast. Yeah, we’re making ’em as fast as we can. Deal with it.
On this week’s episode Chris and Joe discuss the new Ghostbusters, Star Trek: Beyond, Stranger Things, the best stuff from Comic-Con in San Diego including trailers for Wonder Woman, Justice League and Doctor Strange. Plus, the usual more, more and more.
Picks this week include Chris’ pick of Star Trek: Beyond and Joe’s pick of, well, the same thing. Yes, they liked it.
As always, if you have comments, questions, critiques, offers of sponsorship, or whatever, feel free to hit us up in the comments, on Twitter, at Facebook, Google+ or shoot us an email.
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
Fans of the Marvel franchise had a pretty big feast this year with Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger hitting theaters back to back this year. Now that those stories have been established, it’s time to look forward and see what the sequels have in store for us.
The first getting ready for production is Thor 2, which has already lost original director Kenneth Branagh before the film even went into pre-production. Now we’re getting word from THR that the film is losing its second director in Patty Jenkins (The Killing).
The filmmaker was to have been the first female director of a Marvel Studios movie.
Alas, “creative differences” are being blamed.
Continue Reading →
Welcome to another edition of On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage during the week. Let is know if we missed something interesting.
• It looks like Thor 2 has found its director, and it won’t be Brannagh again. Looks like Monster director Patty Jenkins is taking on the task this time.
• Chris Pine and Tom Hardy fight over Reese Witherspoon for some reason in the first trailer for This Means War.
• Talk about random, here’s an amazing Voltron fan film made by Digg’s Alex Albrecht, starring Psych star Tim Omundson.
• Just to get you ready for the 3D re-release of Star Wars Episode 1, here’s a Maul-happy poster to remind you of the times without Jar Jar Binks.
• Don’t check your calendars, it’s not 1999, yet CBS has announced that they are taking on Fred Durst to star in his own sitcom. Why? We have no idea.
• Walking Dead picks back up this Sunday with season 2, so why not see what you missed last season in every zombie kill in 5 minutes.
• You’ll be too busy getting ready for next week’s release of Batman: Arkham City to realize how awesome Gotham City Impostors will be next year. Here’s a trailer showing you the fun you’ll be missing.
• Unboxing videos are all the rage these days, but what happens when an unboxing goes horribly wrong? Technivator finds out for us.