Even though they’ve been updating the Twitter app for iPhone and iPad pretty frequently, that doesn’t mean the one for Android has been totally left behind. In fact, the Twitter team announced today they have updated their Android client to version 2.0. The new version sports a modified interface along with a some feature improvements and additions. These include:
• Use the app without having to sign-in so you can keep track of trending topics and more
• Single window layout much like Twitter on your computer
• @mentions and Retweets are now included in the replies tab
• Auto-complete of User Names
• Universal search with terms you specify
• Scan your address book to discover new friends
Twitter 2.0 for Android is available in the Android Market as of today. If you end up downloading it, let us know what you think.