Welcome to another edition of On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage during the week. Let is know if we missed something interesting.
Let’s get started!
• Just because they seem to be running out of ideas that aren’t hand-delivered to them by either Marvel or Pixar, Disney is now working on a feature length film based on their Matterhorn ride. Let’s hope this one doesn’t spawn as many sequels as Pirates.
• Both No Strings Attached starring Ashton Kutcher and Friends With Benefits starring Mila Kunis are eerily similar. How similar? Here’s a mashup trailer to prove it.
• In honor of his newest masterpiece hitting theaters, here is the premise to every Michael Bay film in under 60 seconds.
• There is nothing more iconic and badass than the hallway shootout scene from The Matrix, so why wouldn’t it still hold strong if done completely in A Capella?
• Pac-Man gets very series and meta in this new fan film that shows what it would be like to drive along the highway in the desert if you, yourself, were Pac-Man.
• Thought they’ve been having a great year, Marvel still thinks they need more out in the ether, so they’re producing two short films to be attached to both the Captain America and Thor DVD’s that will serve as prequels to next year’s The Avengers.
• If you’re planning on skipping the fireworks this weekend and staying in, here’s a pretty complete list of every marathon being run on TV from today to Monday.