If you’re one of the many, many people currently using Apple’s iPhone 3G or 3GS, you’re in for a treat very soon because your beloved devices are getting another OS update to version 4.0. According to an article over at Boy Genius Report, details are now coming out about just what enhancements and features iPhone OS 4.0 will have.
Obviously, there is some speculation here but the OS is reported to include the following:
• There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
• “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
• Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient.
• The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date.
• Some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
So there you have it. Who says you need a Google Nexus One?