Hot on the virtual heels of Hulu Plus arriving for users of the Apple TV, Amazon today released an app for the iPad which allows users to stream content from its library of movie and TV titles. Curious timing, eh?
The new app is capable of streaming Amazon Prime content for free (with a $79 a year Amazon Prime membership of course) as well as allowing users to download content for later offline viewing. Season Pass is also available for TV programs with episodes available the morning after the show airs on TV.
Here’s a full list of features:
• Stream thousands of titles available from Prime Instant Video at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library
• Shop over 120,000 videos available from the Amazon Instant Video store by visiting Amazon
• Add videos to your Watchlist from a PC, Mac, or Kindle Fire for later viewing on your iPad
• Subscribe to a TV Season Pass by visiting Amazon and episodes will automatically be available on your iPad the day after they air
• Start watching on your iPad, and resume watching right where you left off on a Kindle Fire, PS3, PC, Mac, or hundreds of models of connected TVs and Blu-ray players with Amazon Whispersync.
The new app is available for the iPad over at the iTunes App Store.