Even though Apple’s iPad won’t officially be available until Saturday, April 3rd, that doesn’t mean you can’t stock up on all those cool iPad application right now. Plus, the iBooks appication is available now as well. You can go to iTunes and browse hundreds of Apps designed specifically for the iPad, buy them, download them and have them ready and waiting for your iPad’s arrival on Saturday.
Some of the coolest Apps I’ve seen so far include a few we already mentioned yesterday such as the ones from Netflix and ABC. Plus, here’s a list of a few more that I’ve already downloaded and have at the ready for tomorrow.
• Marvel Comics. Hey, who wants to read your favorite Marvel titles on the iPad? Who doesn’t? Free. Comics cost $1.99.
• StumbleUpon. Share links to your favorite sites using your StumbleUpon account. Free.
• NetNewsWire. The best RSS reader for the Mac is now on the iPad. $10.00.
• Twitteriffic. How will you let your followers know you’ve got an iPad? By using the first Twitter app for the iPad and tweeting, of course. Free.
• AIM. Yes, it’s from AOL but it actually looks pretty good. Free.
• Dash Four. Get your Foursquare on by using this handy iPad app. $2.00. Also, expect an “official” FourSquare app any time now.
• iWork. In addition to watching movies and the latest episodes of Grey’s Anatomy, you can also get some real work done using Apple’s customized versions of the iWork suite featuring Numbers, Pages and Keynote. $10.00 Each.
• IMDB. Want to know who played Tad Trenton in 1983’s Cujo? This app will tell you. Oh, it was Danny Pintauro by the way. Free.
• Evernote. If you have lots of info you ant to sync across multiple devices (Macs, iPhone, iPad) then this app is for you. Free but you need and Evernote account to sync.
That’s it for now. Be sure to check back soon for more app suggestions as well as a review of the iPad. In the meantime, what software are you going to put on your iPad?