Welcome to this week’s On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage this week. Let is know if we missed something interesting. Otherwise, on to the links!
• You asked for it, (or maybe you didn’t). Either way, here’s the list of the Top 10 Most Ridiculous Character-Branded Products.
• If you find yourself asking if a poster would be too nerdy to put in your room…Chances are you probably know the answer.
• If you caught last night’s Community, then you’re most definitely going to want to go back and read the Twittersodes leading up to the airing. Trust us.
• In prepping for his epically animated Owl Fighting movie, Zack Snyder admits that he had people dress up in owl suits to choreograph the fight scenes.
• Katy Perry recorded a spoof of her song and sang it alongside Elmo on Sesame Street. The song was immediately pulled from the episode before airing. What’s the world coming to when a girl can’t sing about kissing other girls on a show with Muppets?
• A student dressed like The Hulk smashed a car and is now getting in trouble for it. The real crime? The fact that there wasn’t a camera rolling the entire time.
• In probably one of the most lucrative mergers of all time, Blizzard’s World of Warcraft and PopCap’s Plants Vs. Zombies has teamed up for an in-game quest. Say goodbye to your social life. And your wallet.
• Kate Beckinsale is returning for yet another Underworld installment. Just between us, we think she just has a thing for black leather.
• If this gameplay footage for Bioshock: Infinite is as good as it looks, you can say goodbye to any other game on the market…whenever this game decides to come out.