Welcome to another edition of On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage during the week. Let is know if we missed something interesting.
Let’s get started!
• The first reboot of the Spider-Man franchise hasn’t even gotten a trailer yet, but James Vanderbelt is already locked in to write a sequel for Sony.
• We love the original series The Wire, but one question we never asked was “What if it was Written as a Classic Novel?”
• Turns out millennials aren’t the only reason for the degradation of the English language, as both LOL and OMG seem to have a pretty deep history.
• If last night’s episode of Community wasn’t enough Pulp Fiction for you, how about these original Pulp Fiction action figures?
• In more casting news for Superman: Man of Steel, star of Boardwalk Empire Michael Shannon is in talks to play the film’s villain.
• Just after Netflix’s deal with Showtime’s original series went sour, Starz has issued a 90-day delay for new original programming to hit the instant servers.
• Those in the gaming world know that Mortal Kombat is getting a pretty sweet reboot, but did you know that God of War star Kratos is also a playable character?
• Big TV news seems to come in three’s, as Fox’s sci-fi hit series Fringe is coming back for a fourth season.
• The un-killable Futurama is getting a whopping ninth season on Comedy Central.
• And FX’s brand new boxing drama Lights Out is being snuffed after just one season.