As is often the case with software, it needs to be updated. Apple’s iOS is no exception. So, with that in mind, we’ll let you know that Apple release an update to iOS today and it’s now available for download.
Apple’s iOS 6.0.1 update contains, as is usually the case, the infamous “various bug fixes. It also contains a patch which fixes the iPhone 5’s inability to update itself over the air. That’s a bit embarassing to be sure.
If you have an iPhone 5 you will need to download a patch update first, then iOS 6.0.1 update. Other iOS devices can just update over the air normally.
Here’s more about the update from Apple:
• Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
• Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
• Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
• Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
• Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
• Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
• Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
• Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings