Welcome to another edition of On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage during the week. Let is know if we missed something interesting.
Let’s get started!
• Supercut of the week: Every time Leo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet call out “Jack!” and “Kate!” in 1994’s Titanic. Hint: it’s more than you think.
• Got a free afternoon or 6? Try to hunt down and watch all 50 of the most insane B-Movies out there. Surprisingly, most of them are already on Instant Netflix.
• If you love reading/writing scripts, then you probably don’t have the money for an iPad. If you did, you’d want the FDX Reader, the first-ever script reader for Apple’s tablet.
• We may have written up something about this in the past, but this fan film about Wolverine Vs. The Hand is pretty spot-on. If only Hugh Jackman wasn’t too busy fighting robots, he could work on a script like this.
• Fox’s Family Guy is tired of being that hot girl who you won’t date. They’re now marketing to fight for an Emmy, of which they currently have none.
• Hangover Part 2 hits theaters today, so expect to see lots of trailers for the film on TV. Here’s a comparison on exactly how lazy they were when cutting the first trailer for the sequel.
• Two of the biggest film scores in recent history have been for Inception and Tron: Legacy. What happens when the two get mashed up? Ear babies.
• Goldfish’s new hit “We Come Together” has got some pretty amazing pop culture references in it. So many, you probably missed a few. Thankfully, these guys broke it down for us joke by joke.