Welcome to this week’s On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage this week. Let is know if we missed something interesting. Otherwise, on to the links!
• Have you seen this Emmy Winning Star Wars Fan Film?
• In Star Trek: the Next Generation casting news we wonder WHO could have been Geordi LaForge?
• We love robots, but we can’t stop simultaneously laughing and shaking our heads when we watch this video.
• Here’s some of the coolest looking custom consoles we’ve never seen. Jealous? Hell yes.
• Apparently, girls were pissed at the director of The Human Centipede during casting when they read the script. Are we surprised? No. Have you seen the movie?
• Quentin Tarantino will get his very own Friar’s Club Roast. It’s certainly a better idea than Flava Flav or Hasselhoff. Although, that Hoff one was pretty damn funny.
• Football could have something to do with everyone in the country Tivo’ing this year’s Oscars. What?
• In case you were wondering (or worried about your own problem) here’s a list of the 12 heaviest drinkers in the history of TV. Not on the list? It’s probably because you’re not famous and nobody cares.
• Although if you’re a nerd you’re probably not getting any anyway but just in case, here’s some helpful tips from the Tron Sutra. Yes, it’s people dressed in Tron outfits demonstrating sexual positions. So what prudes. It’s fun, check it out.
• Here’s a list of ten directors that need to call it quits. Are any of your favorites on the list? If so, get new favorites.
• Ever wonder what happened to Matt Dillon and his career?
• Interested in torture-porn movies? You may change your mind after reading this review of A Serbian Film (aka the most disgusting film ever produced. . . ever).
• As we live (mostly) in warmer climes here at The Flickcast, we don’t really have need of a heavy London Fog type coat. However, if they come with Christina Hendricks, we’re buying a metric crapload of them.
AnonymousAugust 27, 2010 at 5:30 pm