Welcome to another edition of On the Radar where we delve into all corners of the entertainment, tech and geek Internets for news, views and whatnot that may have escaped our regular coverage during the week. Let is know if we missed something interesting.
Let’s get started!
• If you’re not watching Showtime’s Shameless, you should be. And if you need an excuse, how about Amy Smart guest starring as a sexy best friend?
• Set phasers to Feng shui! Turn your bland room into a new world with these killer Star Trek wall decals. Who needs a date when you have a full-sized Commander Uhura wall sticker?
• James Cameron says that Tom Cruise is still a potential star for his upcoming adaptation of the HP Lovecraft book At The Mountains of Madness. No, the irony is not lost on us.
• Reality can be pretty bleak sometimes. The one thing that could splice it up? 80’s and 90’s-era video game characters running amok.
• Stephen King has had a pretty big week, but that hasn’t stopped him from giving us 10 things he knows about The Stand coming to theaters.
• Just in case you’ve been under a rock for the past week, this new Volkswagon commercial utilizing a very young Darth Vader is pretty awesome and definitely beats Phantom Menace.
• Super Cut of the Week: The world’s longest and greatest sports pep talk of all time.