Adult Swim has been on an absolute tangent with their slew of live-action parody series. It all started with Rob Corddry’s webseries Childrens Hospital which is now going into its fourth season on the network, then Chris Elliot took off in a Walker, Texas Ranger spoof titled Eagleheart. Their latest venture into the third dimension of funny has been in Paul Scheer’s NTSF:SD:SUV::, which just got picked up for a second season.
Now, the network is hoping to capitalize on the growing popularity of the creepy horror shows that are shrouded in mystery but as original as bad soap operas. That’s where The Heart, She Holler comes in. Here’s the rundown.
The Heart, She Holler is a new live-action series starring Patton Oswalt, Kristen Schaal and Heather Lawless. Boss Hoss Heartshe owns 98.5% of Heartshe Holler and keeps the other 1.5% in a hidey hole. Upon his death, the hole is opened to reveal a secret son, Hurlan. Watch as his blood grubbing heirs Hurshe, the coquettish daughter closest to Hoss’ heart and nether regions and Hambrosia, Hoss’ other only child with a fearsome ability to scorch eyeballs with her mental powers, wrestle for every sort of supremacy that power provides. Their miseries and mysteries collide in this first-ever Adult Swim six night miniseries event.
While Adult Swim may not be completely backing the idea with a full episode order, they are giving it a 6 episode miniseries run that will air every night starting on Sunday, November 6th at 12:30am and go through Friday, November 11th. Check out a preview of the series after the jump to see what awesomely random and horrifying stuff you’re in store for.