In two weeks, EVE Online takes the next step into cross-platform play when it will officially be launching DUST 514 on to the PlayStation Network. On May 14th, CCP Games will be releasing DUST 514 for free to the PSN as a part of EVE Online’s extended universe. After ten years of building the world of EVE Online in the half spreadsheet economic simulator / half space combat genre, the PC based game world is going to expand to the PlayStation 3 console with FPS combat.
To help explain how the connection of the two titles, CCP Games has put together an amazing trailer explaining the back-story of the Immortals. Make sure to check it out after the jump. In addition, CCP announced a Collector’s Edition entitled EVE: The Second Decade which boasts in game and physical items to help contribute to the full EVE Online and DUST 514 experience.
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition contains a series of exclusive, collectible items specially crafted for the EVE Online enthusiast and celebrating the game’s tenth anniversary, including:
- Into the Second Decade, a 190-page, richly illustrated hardcover book commemorating the first 10 years of the EVE Universe. Into the Second Decade details the initial release of EVE Online, and chronicles its growth through the game’s numerous free expansions, the community events that helped define the experience, and the launch of DUST 514.
- “Rifter” USB hub, a four-port USB hub modeled on an iconic EVE Online ship.
- EVE Symphony CD, a live performance of the signature EVE soundtrack by the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra, recorded in Reykjavik during EVE Fanfest 2013.
- The Danger Game board game, an English-language adaptation of the popular Icelandic board game. Created by a fledgling CCP in 1998, The Danger Game (Icelandic: Hættuspil) helped fund development of the original EVE Online release.
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition also contains one-time-use codes for unique in-game items for both EVE Online and CCP’s newest title, DUST 514, a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first-person shooter for the PlayStation®3, set in the same universe as EVE Online.
The in-game items include:
- The “Golden Pod,” an exclusive skin for the iconic capsule (EVE Online).
- A “Gnosis” Blueprint, a five-run blueprint of the 10th anniversary Gnosis, the Society of Conscious Thought battlecruiser (EVE Online).
- The “Time Capsule,” a selection of collectible items based on classic EVE lore as well as memorable moments over the first decade (EVE Online).
- A new skin for the Amarr Magnate frigate (EVE Online).
- A selection of exclusive male and female clothing items and accessories to dress your pilot in style (EVE Online)
- Powerful weapons and a collection of “Templar” dropsuits for (DUST 514).
The box set will also include a “Mystery Code” that will grant owners special, but currently secret, benefits related to future CCP products and events.
In addition to the items above, players who pre-purchase EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition will receive two powerful in-game items: the “Nefantar Thrasher,” a glass cannon-style destroyer for EVE Online, and the Amarr Templar Drop Uplink, a spawn beacon for DUST 514 that requires no special skill-training to deploy or use.
“EVE Online is a unique experience in gaming, with the most passionate, imaginative and loyal gamers anywhere growing and evolving the EVE universe for over ten years,” said David Reid, Chief Marketing Officer at CCP. “This collector’s edition was created in honor of and specifically for those who have truly brought EVE’s solar systems to life.”
EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition will cost $149.99/€149.99 and can be pre-purchased now worldwide via the new EVE store.